Property marketed by Yorkshire's Finest
599-601 Wakefield Road, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD5 9XP
- POTENTIAL TO EXTEND (STPP)
- COUNTRYSIDE VIEWS
- LARGE SOUTH FACING GARDEN
- OFF ROAD PARKING
- Council Tax Band - C
About this property
The location of this property with far reaching south facing views is truly lovely. A RENOVATION PROJECT BURSTING WITH SO MUCH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND AND UPDATE TO CREATE THAT FOREVER HOME! With off road parking and garage, the property comes to the market with no upward chain.
In an area renowned for its spectacular views, Blackberry Cottage is a much beloved family home ready for new owners to personalise to their own preferences.
With 3 double bedrooms, one with ensuite facilities, the property has a porch, breakfast kitchen, sitting room, garden room, house bathroom and generous area to the bottom of the staircase, suitable for an office desk. To the first floor, the property boasts 3 well proportioned bedrooms, shower ensuite, and large landing.
Given the placement of the property with spacious gardens, we would suggest that the property is reconfigured externally, incorporating a new detached garage, larger driveway and extension to the side and rear elevation. Extensions are a great way to add value to a property and the beauty of a renovation project that you plan on staying in, is that you can make the space work for you.
(All suggestions would be down to the usual constraints.)
Taking considered direction from the photographs and floorplan, only a viewing of this lovely cottage truly conveys all what is on offer and the fabulous potential to enjoy a future proofed home for the family to enjoy for many years to come.
Blackberry Cottage includes a well maintained boiler under 2 years old.
LOCATION Within easy reach of well regarded schooling, Queen Elizabeth Grammar School, Silcoates School and King ames Academy are within the surrounding area with Wakefield and the M1 reached in 7 miles. Huddersfield is 8.5 miles and Dewsbury railway station is 4.5 miles from the property. Edge Road offers an escape from the hustle and bustle of busy town life, instantly producing an aura of calm appreciated as soon as you enter the boundaries but within a short drive, local town amenities are just at your finger tips.
Close to Middlestown, reached in only 4 minutes by car, Blackberry Cottage appreciates the village amenities which includes a well regarded medical centre, the Seed Room coffee shop and bistro positioned in a popular garden centre. The Little Bull is an independent free house, family run business which prides itself on character, entertainment and a range of choices with the finest ales.
Local schooling is located at Middlestown Primary Academy or Horbury Primary Academy, both well regarded educational facilities appreciated by the local community. Horbury which is steeped in the industrial wool and cloth history is a fabulous town with all required amenities and lies close to the Calder and Hebble canal.
AGENT NOTES 1.MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER YORKSHIRES FINEST LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Property added 30/08/2022