Property marketed by Yorkshire's Finest
599-601 Wakefield Road, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD5 9XP
- Chain free
- Impressive victorian property
- Private garden
- Many original features
- Vaulted Cellar
- Opportunity to extend
About this property
Chain free. The Old Vicarage is an impressive victorian building, circa 1840. Originally the residence of a local rag merchant and the home holds many original features. Entering a private secluded, gated garden you step up to the double fronted facade with an original front door. Complete with stone walls and fencing in keeping with the period features.
A chain free sale. The Old Vicarage is an impressive victorian building, circa 1840. Originally the residence of a local rag merchant and the home holds many original features. Entering a private secluded, gated garden you step up to the double fronted facade with an original front door. Complete with stone walls and fencing in keeping with the period features.
Entering through the original doors and stain glass window above, you are greeted with two equally proportioned rooms with high ceilings. Flanked to the left the kitchen boasts grey tiles to the floor. The cream fitted units with a large electric range sits nicely alongside the original brick and stone fireplace which additional cream fitted units utilise this space. This sweep around kitchen leads to the vaulted cellar with internet, electrics and a window flooding in natural light. A versatile space recently used as an office.
A large living/entertainment room decorated tastefully in conjunction with the period property in a modern design. An original fire place with new deep filled grey carpets at the front of the property overlooking the garden. As you leave this room and enter the porch this leads you up the carpeted stairs with exposed red brick. The landing with natural light, has wooden spindles which the bedrooms and the bathroom lead off from.
Master bedroom to the front of this property commands views over to Emley Moor. A good double sized bedroom, with original stone fire place to the corner of the room as a decorative piece, set against a red brick feature wall. A further double bedroom, both with new carpets and wooden doors with decorate opaque glass inlays sits to the front of this period house. The third good size, single bedroom houses space for wardrobes and the double glazed window allows natural light to enter the room.
The split level bathroom has been designed in a victorian theme with a roll top, stand alone bath, chrome feet, with attached shower. Cream large tiles from floor to ceiling inserted with a decorative continuous line . A corner shower unit with power shower accompanied with a white suite fitted with chrome accessories. A feature sink housed on a wooden unit. The property recently has undergone decoration and upgraded fixtures and fittings, including new carpets, kitchen and bathroom.
EXTERIOR An enclosed and gated south facing garden. Recently landscaped with a patio, providing separate entertainment and seating areas. Housed in the centre is a gazebo to sit among established flowers. Foliage hedges, wooden and railing fencing in keeping with the age of the property encloses the house.
AGENT NOTES 1.MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER YORKSHIRES FINEST LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Property added 12/09/2022